CHANGES TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Please notify the studio of any changes to your personal information (surname, address, phone number, email address etc.) throughout the year.
- We require up-to-date information at all times for emergency purposes.
COSTUME DEPOSITS / REGISTRATION FEES
- Non-refundable costume deposits in the amount of $100.00 for recreational and competitive classes are payable per class (excluding ballet and technique classes) at the time of registration.
- A registration fee of $30.00 per person or $40.00 per family is due at the time of registration for all programs.
- If choosing the monthly payment option, we require first month’s fees at the time of registration along with the registration fee and costume deposit(s).
- Fees for September – May are due on the 1st of every month.
- NOTE: processing fees apply for credit card payments, 2-installments and monthly payment options.
- If paying in 2 equal installments, we require the first installment at the time of registration along with the registration fee and costume deposit(s). The second installment is due by February 1st.
- If choosing the full payment option, we require full program fees, registration fee and costume deposit(s) at the time of registration.
REFUNDS / CANCELLED OR MISSED CLASSES
- The regular season for all competitive students runs from Tuesday September 5th to the end of May.
- The regular season for all recreational students runs from Monday September 11th to the end of May.
- Facility hours are subject to change.
- Make-up classes will not be granted for classes that are not attended due to illness, inclement weather, personal emergency and/or unforeseen circumstances throughout the year.
- Classes do not run on statutory holidays. There are no make up classes that fall on statutory holidays.
- Evening programs are only cancelled by the Director if weather conditions are extreme – you will be emailed if the Director decides to cancel in-person classes. Students will be expected to take their classes on Zoom.
- 30 Days notice is required to cancel an Account Holder’s studio account; without 30 days notice, the Account Holder agrees to pay tuition for all months charged. Requests will be prorated to reflect the number of classes having already occurred.
- Please notify the Artistic Director, Kristen Vella to cancel a studio account
- Late charges will apply to all outstanding fees.
- A $10.00 late fee will be applied after 30 days and after 60 days the dancer may be removed from the program.
- All recreational and competitive students will participate in our end of year Dance Recital on Sunday June 4th 2023 (Dates are subject to change based on venue availability). All students are expected to attend their assigned rehearsal and perform in the showcase.
- Students who choose to leave valuables in the change room do so at their own risk. Dancsync Academy will not be held responsible for any lost or stolen items at the studio or at dance events (ie. competitions and recital).
- Dancsync Academy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment. Students must respect their teachers and peers at all times. Coarse language, physical, aggressive, disrespectful, or uncooperative behaviour is not acceptable. Inappropriate behaviour can result in a student’s removal from a dance program.
- Students 9 & under are not to be left unsupervised at the studio when they are not in class – Dancsync Academy is not responsible for children left unattended.
- Students 10+ can complete homework at the studio in between classes, however, students will not always be supervised. Dancsync Academy is not responsible for children left unattended.
- Everyone must respect the studio space and keep it clean. Vandalism is strictly prohibited. Anyone caught vandalizing will be responsible to pay for the damages incurred.
- Students must arrive to class on time and must be picked up when the class is scheduled to finish.
- The Dancsync Academy faculty will place your child in a company level based on skill, technique development and experience. These company placements are non-negotiable.
- Students in a competitive program must commit to attending all classes and competitions throughout the dance season, along with the dance showcase. Please note: failure to attend ballet and technique sessions may result in a student’s removal from the competitive program.
- Teachers of each competitive class will review competitive expectations during the first week of classes. If these expectations are not adhered to, students may be removed from the competitive program.
- Parents / guardians should only enroll their child in the classes they feel their child can handle. Please note: dropping out of competitive classes once the competitive season starts is strictly prohibited. Students who drop out of competitive classes (regardless of circumstances) will not be offered solos, duets or trios.
- The Dancsync Faculty will select students to participate in private lessons based on skill, technique development and student readiness. Please note: not all competitive students will be offered private lessons. Students cannot request teachers.
- Competitive students must attend the Back-To-Dance intensive hosted by Dancsync Academy, and are asked to attend one dance convention per year (one summer OR one fall convention).
- Pictures and videos of the students will be taken throughout the dance season and may be posted on social media platforms / our website for advertising purposes.
- Please inform the studio director if you do not want your child(ren)s pictures and videos to be shared on social media.
ACCEPTED METHODS OF PAYMENT
- Interac E-Transfer
- Visa / Master Card (Surcharge Fee Applies)
PAYMENT PLAN OPTIONS AVAILABLE
- Full Year’s Fees
- 2-Installments (September and February)
- Monthly Payment (September through May)
AUTHORIZATION AND INDEMNITY
- By registering I authorize Dancsync Academy to provide medical care to the registered student by a trained First Aid Responder in the event of an injury or emergency situation.
- By registering I agree to pay for all expenses incurred by Dancsync Academy in the provision for such medical care.
- Dance programs have an element of risk to them, as such, students and families agree to release and indemnify Dancsync Academy, its successors, directors, shareholders, employees and administrators, from all claims or proceedings in respect to any losses, damage or bodily injury (including loss of life) arising from participation in any programs, rehearsals, and performances offered by Dancsync Academy.